Flapping clutch lever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flapping clutch lever.

The clutch lever flaps up and down quite a bit and makes a jingly noise. I have been restraining it with a finger or two and it's no big deal. Nothing is obviously worn or bent. Anyone else had this? The gap is less than a mm and won't take a washer. Thinking of making up a thin teflon disc.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Probably, the hole in the lever is worn. Possibly, the holes in the perch are also worn. It's the fit of the pin through all these holes that keeps everything snug when new. A new lever is something like $8, and you might want to be carrying a spare (one for the brake too) in case you break one in a parking lot tipover. I think I heard someone say that new perches are also available, if needed. The lever space in the perch could probably be closed up some, if you feel like working it over with a hammer.

Mine have been in various stages of loose, but never enough to really bother me.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
    X