1984 gs1100gk restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 gs1100gk restore

having a rough time getting the lower end of the Tach Cable off. the usual twist case is all smashed in from previous owner. Well, any siggestions to get it off. goot the new one waiting..grrr
    Also looking for tires... remember, I'm a disabled dude... not a lot of cash, lol
    Attached Files

I'd remove the whole drive from the head &, then, work on it to get the cable off & it all straightened out.

Comment

Actually, I think that's something that just cannot be fixed. The bike is a goner. I think you should part it out & sell me the final drive. Lol!!!

Comment

Vise-grips. The cable's a goner already, right? Just don't deform the threaded part if you can avoid it. That will make it harder to remove and possibly damage the threads in the output gear carrier thingy. If it's too far gone for that, take the drive out like Larry suggests. Maybe nab a replacement on eBay and replace the seal while you're at it.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
        X