Engine bolt and screw Sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine bolt and screw Sizes?

I'm looking for some info on the lengths of various bolts and screws on the engine of my GS450. I want to replace most of them with stainless steel, but I was hoping to buy them locally at ace hardware and not Z1, especially since Z1 has three kits for the 450 and I still don't know what submodel my bike is. Also, their kits have 64-67 screws and I can only think of about 50.

I want to confirm that these numbers are right before I buy anything, it's what I've found so far.

Carb intake boot screws - M6 x1 x 20mm
    Case cover screws - M6 x 35mm (Do I need to match countersinks on these with the old screws? I know they're different lengths but I'm planning on taking all of them to Ace to replace)
    Exhaust bolts - M8 x 35mm

I still need the size for the magneto cover as well. I'm assuming everything else I need (oil pan, starter motor cover, valve cover, etc) I still have so that I can just take it into Ace and find a match there.

Is there any kind of wiki on here with a compilation of dimensions of things like this?

Have a look here... note that most of screw lenghts are spelled out. Backtrack in link to other bike areas..

Shop online for OEM Crankcase Cover parts that fit your 1980 Suzuki GS450L, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452

do you have this thing all apart, or are you just ambitious,bored,etc. Personally, I'd replace the screws as I was changing the stuff behind them.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Have a look here... note that most of screw lenghts are spelled out. Backtrack in link to other bike areas..

Shop online for OEM Crankcase Cover parts that fit your 1980 Suzuki GS450L, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452

do you have this thing all apart, or are you just ambitious,bored,etc. Personally, I'd replace the screws as I was changing the stuff behind them.
      Oh man, that's great, thanks. I've been using BikeBandit and they didn't give any sizes. I'm rebuilding the engine, and I'll be replacing any screws that I take out, although the bolts on the valve cover look good to me.

Comment

Working...
      X