Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know what these parts are...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what these parts are...help!

Okay, these are the parts I got with my '83 GS1100E that I cannot identify exactly what they do and where they go. Also I have these two threaded and capped bolt posts that I do not know what is supposed to be attached to them (if anything). Pictures below, any help will ease my aching brain. Thanks.

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
    1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
    1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
    1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Jake, call me at 714,356-784five.
    Ray.

Comment

Those are the extra parts you always have after finishing a repair or assembly. Don't worry about it.

Comment

The capped lugs are probably mount points for the ES model fairing frame.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

The two thingys to the right are your seat clasps
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            The two thingys to the right are your seat clasps
            Correct. Could the middle piece be seat latch-related too?

Could those posts be for mounting a steering dampener? ES fairing mounts?
            Last edited by Rob S.; 03-19-2016, 07:58 PM.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

the thing on the left looks like it went over the forks against the triple tree as a "beauty cap". The thing in the middle looks like the other half of the seat clasp. Bolts onto the seat pan.

Comment

Working...
              X