Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs650 engine weight

Hi,

just wanting to know if anyone knows the approx weight of the complete engine from a GS650

It would be most helpful if we knew which year and model of the 650 you are asking about but the dry weight on a 650E is about 450 pounds. You can get the service manuals for the 650s on Basscliff's site by going to http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff. Then right mouse clicking on the listed service manual and selecting "save target as" to save it your drive.

Also, please help us help you in the future by placing your bike information in your signature block (Settings, edit signature).
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I used to use a rule of thumb for mid sized aircooled fours in stock tune of 2 1/4 lbs ( 1 kg ) per hp.
      Shouldn't be too far out.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Hi,
        If your considering removing replacing an engine just work on the assumption that it weigh's about a ton and there ain't much room for more than two, yep a ton, can't be far away!

"Love those L's"
        Last edited by Chromedome; 06-03-2016, 06:27 PM. Reason: X

Comment

Sorry have fixed the signature.

I'm after the weight of just the engine so I can get some accurate freight quotes. I want to use the top end off the 650 to convert my 550. The seller won't split it off motor.

Motor is from a 1983 GS650G Katana.

do you think that half the dry weight of the bike 220lbs wound be about right?

Comment

Found a weight on eBay of 160lbs for a 1981 GS650 EZ engine complete if that helps anyone in the future

Comment

I've lifted a 550 a few times without the heads. It still felt close to 135lbs or 150.

Comment

Working...
              X