Stuck valve cover '82 8v 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck valve cover '82 8v 650

Well, I always try to search for the answer to my question, and as usual the search feature has let me down.

I need to to know an easier way to get my valve cover off. It is VERY stuck with what appears to be the stock 30+ year old gasket. I have been prying and tapping with no luck, and don't want to break anything. Anybody know any tricks? Super Steve? Anybody?
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Does that model have the bolt that threads up from underneath, at the front of the cover, between #2 and #3 cylinders?
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Rubber mallet works wonders for me- hit horizontal and slightly upward at all four corners. It sits on two hollow pins.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

No rubber mallet and no bolt from the bottom. Bike has 14000 on it. Pretty sure it's the factory gasket. Never pulled one off that been on so long. Hate to break/crack it... I suppose I can pick up a mallet during the week...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Got it, thanks guys...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

Comment

Working...
          X