Remove rear tire gs100gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove rear tire gs100gk

Ok guys this is starting to make a dummy out of me but I can't seem to figure out how to remove my rear tire from my gs1100gk, The book shoes the same as the gs850 but this isn't the same. Any ideasIMG_0392.jpg
    It’s my bike I’ll run it in the ground if I want to

Put the centerstand on a 2x4 to raise the back of the bike. Remove the shocks (or at least one end of each one) to allow the wheel to drop down, remove the axle. Watch the spacers around the caliper bracket to make sure where they go and which way they face. Slide the axle out, pull the wheel to the right, it will roll out the back by tilting it just a bit more to get under the saddlebag bracket.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I got it thank you, Now I just dread mounting this tire

Comment

It ure putting the stand on 2X4 its a good idea to tape up/zip tie the front brake lever on fully so the bike dont roll forward. Od you can put the stand down on the edge of the gutter allowing the wheel to hang out in the air. Just some options.

Comment

Originally posted by hadaveha View Post
          I got it thank you, Now I just dread mounting this tire
          How are you mounting the tire? By hand with tire irons? I have found mine no worse than dirt bike tires overall.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Can't beleave that this rear tire was not as hard as the front, but it went on nice and easy

Comment

Did you inspect and grease the rear spline with special moly grease? The spline is a major weak point on the GK bikes unless you have upgraded it.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I got the tire mounted everything cleaned and lobbed. But this one is embarrassing I can't remover the order or sides of the spacers, Anybody know the order they go in

Comment

is 8 , 11, & 6 on one side and the 7 on the other side, that you are concerned about. the others are inside the wheel.
                  Last edited by Redman; 01-25-2017, 10:12 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

If you dont have the rear wheel back on yet, that gives you opportunity to check the rear hub (#14, joint assembly) for wear.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                    X