No announcement yet.

Locating the rear wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have the thing together and it seems to be right. The rubber baby buggy bumpers were fine, sprocket seats perfectly. Nobody's touched that rotor in a jillion years. Bearings are in spec. Since the only rational explanation is that the rear axle intersected with a wormhole while the wheel was at the shop, I went full-on Voyager for my solution. What I ended up doing is installing a 'multi-phasic spatial distortion compensator' - bought from the fasteners aisle at Home Teapot for $2.83 - whereby I increased the distance from the caliper mount to the hub by ~2mm while simultaneously decreasing the distance from the caliper mount to the swing arm by ~2mm, dispensing with any niggling worries about wheel center when mounted in the swing arm. I may shoot spacer 8 into space to appease the wormhole gods since it's been replaced by the multi-phasic unit. Caliper is now sitting in the catbird seat and the rotor glides blissfully through its ceramic embrace. It's now just a matter of adjusting the chain and torquing everything down. I remain guardedly optimistic until we get a few light years under our belt with no further spatial distortions.

Thank you all for your help and patience. If I ever figure out what REALLY happened here I'll update for your curiosity. I may need to wait until tricorders hit the market so I can test for wormhole energy signatures.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Well Allie, I'm glad you got it figured out one way or the other. Sometimes the other is the way to go... When I'm at work they'll ask if I can do a particular job. I always answer back "sure I can, one way or the other" The other usual cost more time and money... Sometimes you just got to do whatcha' have to do. 🌞
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

There is a wheel alignment thread that explains where all the worm holes are using a transfinite linear model of the local hyperspace otherwise known as the “ string method”. The ordinal predecessor seeks alignment on the juxtaposition of successor / predecessor of the weight bearing , but fractally bounded singularities( the wheels)

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          There is a wheel alignment thread that explains where all the worm holes are using a transfinite linear model of the local hyperspace otherwise known as the “ string method”. The ordinal predecessor seeks alignment on the juxtaposition of successor / predecessor of the weight bearing , but fractally bounded singularities( the wheels)
          I will certainly refer to that info. Or I could just install an infinite improbability drive and whip up a nice hot cup of tea.
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
          X