1980 GS850G helmet holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS850G helmet holder

How can I restore this bike from the ground up but not understand the helmet holder??

I just do not fathom just how this helmet holder works!
    Have a look at my photo.
    Have I attached it correctly?
    Is everything as it should be?
    Interesting that one of the "pins" on the moulding that goes along the bottom side (each side) of the seat matches up almost exactly with the helmet holder and of course it fouls meaning that I need to cut it off.
    I can handle that but still do not see just how this is supposed to work.
    Embarasing that the simplest is puzzling me.
    Attached Files

You're nearly right. You need to remove it, squeeze the two sides together, insert both sides into the frame lug, then bolt it up. When you release the pressure, the free end will spring out inside the small box welded to the frame.
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
      You're nearly right. You need to remove it, squeeze the two sides together, insert both sides into the frame lug, then bolt it up. When you release the pressure, the free end will spring out inside the small box welded to the frame.
      Many thanks steveb922: night time in the land down under so I will correct that tomorrow. Assistance appreciated.

Comment

Here is a photo I posted in reply to your previous query about the helmet holder:

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
          Here is a photo I posted in reply to your previous query about the helmet holder:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...56#post2401956
          Many thanks Kind Sir!

Comment

Working...
          X