Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side cover tabs - anyone do a 3D print file of one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side cover tabs - anyone do a 3D print file of one?

Anyone make a 3D or CAD file of a side cover tab?

My side cover is missing a tab. Thinking of printing one and reattaching with ABS glue. Should be compatible.

I'm thinking printing it sideways so the layers go from base to point/tip so less likely to pull apart.

Another idea is I can make a silicone mold off the other side, fill the mold with ABS glue and wait for it to congeal and then glue that on to the missing side.

Any other ideas/thoughts?
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Hey Andy.

This thread has some good discussion on repairing side panels.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I purchased this kit through Amazon. Repaired / reattached a 'ready to fall off' tab on my GS 1100E and made an impression of one good tab to make / attach in essentially 1 step a tab that was missing. The kit comes with all necessary accoutrements, chemicals etc. per description. Enough to mold and make and attach dozens of tabs. 100 Percent satisfaction here.

Comment

High-quality Honda Goldwing OEM and aftermarket parts and accessories for GL1800, GL1500, GL1200, and GL1100. Extensive selection, affordable prices, and free shipping on US orders over $199. Fast same-day shipping. Experience big box store prices with personalized mom and pop customer service.

This is a side cover repair kit. This is made by Add-On and is designed to repair broken or missing side cover studs. Two studs are provided with each stud measuring about 2 3/4 inches in length and 9/16 inch diameter. They can easily be cut or filed down to obtain the length required for the repair work. You can either order this kit with the JB Weld or without it. They will fit all Goldwing side covers as well as many Honda street bikes. It is recommended that new grommets be purchased for a good hold if the original ones are in poor condition. Made in the U.S.A. HST-2A, HST-2
        Currently in the Stable :
        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
        X