exhaust seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust seals

i had to take the wheels off and treat suki (pet name) to some new tyres (avon roadriders) so i removed the silencers to get at the spindle when i noticed no seals between the down pipe and silencer when i remove the clamp is this normal or should there be a seal i always thought there should be.

the clamp had a striped thread so i need to get a new one or a pair, my problem is this do i get new clamps and seals or just get new clamps, there were signs of leakage on one side any advice apreciated.

only a few more weeks and i,ll be removing the engine for a good clean and replacing the clutch that will be somthing i,m looking forwrd too as i just cant trust some garages round here as its take your money without really knowing if the work has been done or not and to a good standard.

many thanks,mark.
    ​suzuki gs750 db

Is it an original exhaust system, or aftermarket?
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

unsure, probabley after market got jama stamped on the silencer.
      ​suzuki gs750 db

Comment

That's an after-market system. I don't know if OEM clamps and gaskets would fit. The Jama name is owned by Laser exhausts, over in Holland. Might be worth dropping them an e-mail.
        1980 GS550ET

Comment

thanks for the info i have emailed awaiting a responce i have also found out the clamps only needed to be moved a small amount
          and no longer leak. so new tyres work a treat new pads in the rear, and while the wheels were off gave her a really good clean.

fingers crossed for a reasonable day at the weekend i have a day off and need a ride out.
          ​suzuki gs750 db

Comment

Working...
          X