Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100GL Engine mounting point

Hi all,

First dumb question coming right up!! I’m putting this bike back together and I don’t understand what’s supposed to go in this hole. It’s not threaded and is approx 60mm deep. Pictures for full clarity below:
    Attached Files

B356238E-A45E-4FD4-AD80-BB0414CF48B9.jpg

The hole in question

Comment

On the 850G and 1100G (same engines as the GLs) there is a bolt that goes thru there, and then thru a hole in a web of the crankcase, and then a teardrop shapped nut. You had better find the appropiate length bolts, because if too long it can protrude into the next web and fracture the crankcase. THis bolt is also where some casesavers (or crashbars) might be mounted, that might have needed a longer bolt.

Have we seen pics of this bike yet.....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Last edited by Redman; 09-28-2018, 09:44 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

See #23 & #25

that tear shaped nut #25 is pretty much required since cant really get a wrench on a regular nut in that location.

Last edited by Redman; 09-28-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I definitely do not see those little tear shaped nuts in my bag of parts. I do believe I have the correct 10mm bolts for the left and right side, though.

Comment

Ok, I went in to the garage and I see it all now. It appears that my uncle (or his mechanic) had been using a regular nut and washer to hold that in. Looks like they still sell part #29, so I’ll order those up. Thanks again!

-Ben
              Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

That tear shaped nut was #29 when I had the microfisch for an 850.
                Is #25 on the fische for 1100G (now posted). Same part I suspect.

25 09159-10020
                NUT

Part# 09159-10020 Desc ENGINE MOUNT NU -SU

Babbitts list it for $2.95

Ew, other confusion. I select 82 1100GL on Alphasprt site, but the fisch that comes up is for 83 1100G.
                Ah, anyway, that tear shape nut is most likley the same on any big GS.

Last edited by Redman; 09-29-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X