Looking for Aftermarket Throttle Tube for 79 GS750 - motion pro no gots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Aftermarket Throttle Tube for 79 GS750 - motion pro no gots

my 79 GS750L project is nearing completion (need seat, grips, tires) and is currently equipped with Johar Signature grips with collapsed/missing foam. Johar doesn't sell replacement foam for them ( called 'em).

the Johar throttle tube itself has a series of ridges, and this will prohibit installation of usual aftermarket grips, so i need to source a throttle tube first. nothing at motion pro, ebay has OEM at $35 -$40 for RH grip only.

i can find OEM style LH and RH grips at partsfish for $36/pair plus shipping, but any other ideas?

many thx!
    bob p

Originally posted by standswithabeer View Post
    the Johar throttle tube itself has a series of ridges, and this will prohibit installation of usual aftermarket grips,
    If the ridges run the length of the tube then that is original. Or at least every OEM street throttle tube I have dealt with has had similar ridges. You can slide a regular grip on over those with little trouble. I use hair spray to glue the grips on. Spray a good blast into the grip, turning to ensure full coverage. While it is wet it helps the grip slide on easily and then it dries to stick the grip in place. Clean the bar/throttle tube with isopropyl alcohol first to ensure a decent bond and you should have no problems.

Originally posted by standswithabeer View Post
    i can find OEM style LH and RH grips at partsfish for $36/pair plus shipping, but any other ideas?
    Yes, buy a set of Pro Grip dual density #724 grips and your hands will appreciate it. They are far more comfortable than the rock hard OEM style and cost half as much.

For instance: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ity-road-grips

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

excellent, thx! the dual density grips are a favorite of mine, have used them on quite a few over-winter projects. thought i'd have a hard time w/installation, but i'll give 'em a try. i support my local mom/pop bike shop for the usual refurb items, he has them in stock. thx again and kind regards,

bob p

edit: installed Pro-Grip dual density grips no prob.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-07-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X