"Z" Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Z" Manual

I own a '82 GS750TZ. Looking for a factory service manual for the "Z" on BikeCliff's Website and not finding it, I just bought on eBay and will be getting next week, this manual: 1982 Suzuki GS750E/T Supplementary Service Manual 1982 Z Model. If it is there, maybe I've just missed it. I would like to share this with the GSResourses community by scanning it and having it added to BikeCliff's Website's list of service manuals if possible.Anyone know if/how this is possible?

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-11-2018, 12:18 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

A good scanner should be able to copy your manual and make a .pdf. Then it's just a matter of reaching Cliff and having him upload your file to his website. Suzuki typically starts out with the base manual and adds to that with a supplement each year (which it seems you bought).
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I intend to scan it. It's the getting hold of Cliff part I'm not sure about. I've tried emailing this address from BikeCliff's Website: bikecliff@dslextreme.com I haven't gotten a reply yet but I only sent it last evening, so I'll wait to see if he get's back to me.
      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-11-2018, 06:18 PM.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

That's a nice manual. When I was looking for TZ manual for my bike, I never found anything for the Z model. I just used the 16V/750 for the 1982 model.

Hopefully, you get a hold of BassCliff.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I have the Clymer manual that has what I think is good supplementary info for the Z, but want a factory manual because I intend to do fork seals among some other projects this winter.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I bought the Clymers too. It wasn't as detailed as I expected.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I have not spoken with him since April, but I just sent him a text to see if it's still a valid address.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks Steve. U Da Man!
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Just got a reply. It's still a valid e-mail address.
                  He has been out of town, will be checking for your message later tonight.

Remember, ... his "later tonight" involves Pacific Time.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I've sent Cliff a link to the file to add to BikeCliff's website. If any other Z owners reading this want it now, here's a link. Hope it works. Please let me know if it does not.

At first glance, I don't know if it's any better than the Clymer book I have which includes a lot of supplementary info on the differences in 1982"Z". In some ways it looks to me like the Clymer is a bit more thorough.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

That's awesome!

Thanks for setting that up. I'm not currently active with my "T". My efforts are with rehabing my knees. I had both knees replaced this past Mar/Apr. I need to bend my knees to 120° but the left one isn't cooperating. The most I'm getting after the manipulation procedure I had 2 weeks ago is 110°... which makes pedaling a stationary bike very uncomfortable...my left butt cheeck keeps coming off the seat when I attempt to ride stationary bike.

At some point I will reengage. But for the time being, my bike is on hold.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Keep at it Ed. My mom is 80, and lives with us. She's got 2 bionic knees (That's what I call them) and gets around pretty well. Keep with the rehab. It takes a lot of work, but you'll get there.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Thanks for the mention. Yeah, that's a good name to call them..."bionic knees". I'm told each one costs about $48K so were looking at nearly $100K for the severe osteoarthritis I had in my right knee with the left barely hanging on to a small segment of medial meniscus. It didn't help that I was bowlegged either so now I'm straight and learning how to walk with my new straight legs, lol. I think of Lt. Dan from Forest Gump.

Anyway, thanks for posting up this info about our "T".

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X