Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with a quick question please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a quick question please...

Hello All. So I am in the early stages of this build.....
    https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-an-82-gs1100e..... and I am in need of some information that I haven't been able to find with my web searching. What can I say, my google-fu is weak I guess.

The question is..... did the Bandit 1200 come with a 530 chain? I am converting the 1100 over to a 530 with a 5/8 offset 530 sprocket, with the bandit swing arm, and i have a lead on a solid bandit rear wheel with rotor and sprocket, but i am not sure if it is a 530. If so, i just need to pick up a chain as well. If not, I will need to hunt down a new rear sprocket too.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

-Damian

To make a 5 1/2 wheel fit you need a small 530 chain. 630 will not fit. For same wheel 5/8” offset counter is standard.
    you need to offset the swingerunless you are putting on rearsets.

Comment

I'm sorry, maybe I the way I worded my post I was unclear. I am going to a 530 chain, and have already purchased the 530 front sprocket with a 5/8 offset. I will be using a bandit 1200 rear wheel in a bandit 1200 swingarm, and was curious if the bandit came stock with a 530 chain so i can use the existing bandit rear sprocket that is coming with the wheel. Unrelated to This, but to address your other sentence, I am machining custom adapter plates to use zx12r rearsets. (ALL CREDIT FOR THIS DUE TO ISLEOMAN!!!!)

Comment

Ok I saw your other thread.nice work. “Is a bandit 1200 a 530?” Would have been clearer. I would look for a manual or a parts look up. The gixxers are 530 from what I recall so I can’t imagine bandit being anything else.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Ok I saw your other thread.nice work. “Is a bandit 1200 a 530?” Would have been clearer. I would look for a manual or a parts look up. The gixxers are 530 from what I recall so I can’t imagine bandit being anything else.

Comment

For the cost of a rear sprocket I would just get the right one for your wheels and counter sprocket for desired ratio. If everything else is new start there.

Comment

Google knew the answer.

DESCRIPTION:
              Suzuki GSF1200 Gold Chain 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005
              HD Tempered Roller Gold Chain Feature Solid Rollers and Solid Bushings
              Size: Approx 6' Long
              • Requires Chain breaker or Shop Tools
              • Color Gold
              • 530 Heavy Duty Series
              • Links 130
              • HD Master Link Included
              • Fitment
              • GSF1200S 1997-2005 530-110
              • GSF1250S ABS 2007-2009 530-120

Comment

Perfect, thank you. Like I mentioned, my google skills have been less than optimal lately.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Google knew the answer.

DESCRIPTION:
                Suzuki GSF1200 Gold Chain 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005
                HD Tempered Roller Gold Chain Feature Solid Rollers and Solid Bushings
                Size: Approx 6' Long
                • Requires Chain breaker or Shop Tools
                • Color Gold
                • 530 Heavy Duty Series
                • Links 130
                • HD Master Link Included
                • Fitment
                • GSF1200S 1997-2005 530-110
                • GSF1250S ABS 2007-2009 530-120

Comment

And I thought it would be just that easy....lol. What was I thinking. You're the man, coming through with all the info.

QUOTE=isleoman;2511886]NC, There's more to it .......... You need to use GS Hub with Bandit wheel.

See link. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ght=rear+wheel[/QUOTE]

Comment

I am going to have to start a new page on my homescreen just to save all of the priceless links you have given me.

Originally posted by isleoman
                    NC, There's more to it .......... You need to use GS Hub with Bandit wheel.

See link. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ght=rear+wheel

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                      NC, There's more to it .......... You need to use GS Hub with Bandit wheel.

See link. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ght=rear+wheel
                      I forgot about that; of course I did 18” wheels

Comment

Working...
                      X