Side cover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side cover question

I have a GS 650 GLX that needs side covers. I looked at one for sale and the seller told me l need the slotted type. I see the rubber grommets in the front of the bike, but none in the rear. Can anyone clear this up for me?DSCN1266[1].jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2018, 06:49 PM.

The comment about "needing the slotted type" is a reference to, I think, that the 650 side covers have multiple slots in the side cover, looks like cooling slots or something, and that is unique to the 650s. Which is pretty much the same as saying "will specifically need 650 side covers".

I had 82 650G for 20+ years, and have seen comments that the 650 is probably the GS with the most 650 specific parts, or another way to say it, the least number of interchangeable parts with other models. And apparently the side covers are one such part.

I sold the 650G in 2004, and I dont recall the specific of the sidecover mounting.
    Last edited by Redman; 11-14-2018, 06:14 PM. Reason: fumble fingers

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I now see that the 650GL (emphasis on L) does not have the slots like I recall one the G, but I still suspect the side cover for the 650GL will need to be a side cover from the 650GL.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

THat gromet #11 (called cushion on the microfische) list that need a total of 4, and it looks like only two post on the side cover.

If you are going to get some sidecovers, and if are ordering any OEM parts, I would suggest you also get new of these gromets-cushions. Are lots of storys of loosing sidecovers while going down the road.

Comment

Thanks Redman. Looks like I need some hard to find side covers. Oh well, I've got all winter to find em.

Comment

My expereince has been that the left one (the one that remove to get at battery) will be harder to find than a right one.

Say, keep an eye out on the forum here for Jedz. An other Vermont member.

Comment

l did find my side covers on ebay. Thanks for the input, now for the ignition.

Comment

Working...
              X