No announcement yet.

Tires for GS1000SN 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, this has no bearing on a Wes Cooley replica, but I have a new set of Dunlop K491 Elite II's on my GS1100GKZ, and love them! Just under $200 for the set, including shipping and handling.

The Metzlers that were on it before (ME33 front, ME55 rear) were good too, but since I work for Goodyear, which owns Dunlop, I figured I'd help my employer out.

If the wheels do not have embossed letters on them saying "Tubeles Application", or words to that effect, put a tube in it, just to be safe.

Comment

The only tires I have ever used on my GS's are a Metzeler ME33 on the front, and a Metzeler ME99 on the back. I had heard that the ME99 was being phased out and replaced by the ME55. I'm reluctant to use any other brand as they just don't seem to match the grip of the Metz combo in the bends.

Regards
      Yoshiman

Comment

Originally posted by dallyr
        Sorry for the late response. My rims are marked tubeless.
        Tubeless rims can still have tubes installed in them if need be. Mine do.

Comment

I'll second the recommendation for the Dunlop Elite IIs. I do quit a number of long rides so tire life is very important to me. The tires that only go 3 to 6k miles before they have to be replaced aren't worth my time unless they are all that is available.

I have had good luck with the Dunlops and ME 880s.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X