Grip Microswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grip Microswitch

Does anyone know where I can get a small microswitch (tact or membrane) that could be modded to fit under the left grip?

I just got a bike-to-bike communication system which has a push-to-talk feature. The system came with two buttons - one handlebar mount and one smaller finger mount. The finger mount is not comfortable, and neither seem to fit well on the bike. I believe each is just a simple NO SPST switch.

What would really be sweet would be to mount a low-profile switch under the left grip and wire it in - I think a small tact or membrane switch would be perfect for the job, but I'm having trouble finding a source that doesn't want to sell me $50 worth of $0.99 switches.

Has anyone come across such a source?

Thanks,
    - Tony

have you tried radio shack?
    this could be mounted in the corner of the left switch pod.

Comment

try approaching the 50$ order guys a little differently. tell them you're developing a new product for the market, and would maybe like to use their switches in the final version, but you can't seem to find any to use in your development...

they'll send you a few kinds as samples if they have any idea how to run a business

oh, and while you're at it, develop it for market!!! 8O

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
        have you tried radio shack?
        this could be mounted in the corner of the left switch pod.
        http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=275%2D1549
        I thought about that and felt that it wouldn't be the best solution. There are only two places it could really go on the pod: above the turn signal/high beam rocker or out the left side.

If I go above the rocker, it's a little bit of a reach to get to the button comfortably - plus, in doing so, you tend to ride in "wrist up" with the lower part of your fingers covering the clutch. I prefer "wrist down" with the clutch being covered by the ends of the fingers. Not that it would be a big deal, but it would annoy me.

If I put the switch out the left side, actuation is your thumb pushing to the right with the back of your nail... again, not very natural motion.

Comment

I have a couple radio shack motorcycle hands free units for using FRS two way radios on motorcycles.
          it has a control box that clips to your belt or fits in a pocket and has a microphone that picks up your voice from your neck eliminating any outside engine or wind noise.
          it uses a remote transmit button that velcros to the hand grip.
          it works pretty good, you have to speak clearly or the other person/persons wont understand you.

Comment

Working...
          X