good place for new tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good place for new tires?

i have a 81 gs 650 that i got running after sitting for 8 years and now i want to put some new tires on it. does anyone know of a good place to get some nice tires and for not to much money. i also was wondering what size i need and how much it costs to have them mounted and balanced?
    any help would be great
    nicholas

maw. Motorcycle Warehouse (on line) You can probably mount your self. Soapy lubricant and a couple big screw drivers or flat bars. A big vise to break the bead. About $10 a piece to balance.

Comment

Kenda Tires

I got a set of Kenda Tires (I thought they were Jap. but after looking at there web site they are China. Oh well) for $30 a pop from a dealer. Denis Kirk or J&P Cycles catalogs have them.

Comment

I just got D404 front and rear from ronayers.com for $101!! -->shipped!!

had the local chop shop mount and balance them for $50, but that will depend on how much beer you've been feeding your local shop, now won't it? :P

I heard the 404 is a japanese produced tire, slightly lighter sidewalls, but I so far love 'em (of course these are the first brand new tires I've ever had...)

Comment

I too like RonAyers.
          6$ shipping each tire and a good selection.

Just got a new rear todey for the California trip.

Rico

Comment

Working...
          X