loud engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loud engine?

i can only compair this bike to my old kz1300 (inline 6, water cooled) it was smooth as silk, this 1100ED has some buzz going on the the mid to upper RPM's and all types of engine noises, not the bad kinda but....

i hear some piston slap when cold, some noise coming from the clutch area (nothing bad) and just an over all noisy engine. is this common? this isnt a complaint, i love this bike. just like to know if most 1100's are noisy, or if 33k is high for a 1100.

Do you have a good sync on the carbs? My GS1100GK was noisy and had a lot of vibration until I got the carbs sync'ed properly.

Comment

A good synch will quiet and smooth out the engine. Ever since I got my synch gauge, I find I am addicted to balancing the carbs. I do it probably ever third oil change or so. However, I do find both my 1100's to be fairly loud, noisy engines. When I got my 81 1100E, I was convinced it would grenade at any point. That was 25k miles ago.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

thanks!

i dont have the tools to sync the carbs so ill be taking it to suzuki for 105 bucks.

Comment

for $100 bucks you can get a morgan carb tune and do them yourself. http://www.carbtune.com/index.html

Comment

sounds good. also does anyone have that pic on how to make your own synch tool?

Comment

Working...
            X