Right hand assembly problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having problems removing the cup and piston set from the right hand assembly ( front brakes ).The whole thing refuses to come out of it's housing; however still functions smoothly.
    Due to oil leakage,it was replaced 2 years ago with an original part and was functioning well before I stripped it for servicing .
    Currently I'm in the process of upgrading my front end with progressive springs and disconnecting the anti-dive system.
    Is there a special method for it's removal?

welp if it ain't broke don't fix it..

on a side note... why do you want or need to remove it, if it's indeed still functioning properly?

Mine has 4 bolts that hold it down (rectangular bowl)
    Round bowls use a small screw inside.

Comment

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that my ride is a GSX1100EZ year 1982.Yes,it's rectangular and the reason I opened it was because of servicing.The 4 screws you mentioned are for holding down the cover and diaphram that prevents brake fluid from seeping out from the resevoir.
      My concern is for the cup and piston that lies inside the lower part of the assembly.There doesn't seem to be any screws etc there.It rotates,plunges etc but can't come out!

Comment

according to bikebandit.com

reffering to this Microfiche..
        1982 GSX1100EZ Front master cylinder MicroFiche

your master has only 2 screws..
        and the plunger should some right out..

dunno is it the same??

Because my 81 gs1100ex has the 4 bolt resevoir, once the screws come out the plastic bowl comes off with force, not sure about the plunger though haven't gotten that far.

Check the microfiche above for refference.

Comment

Yes,there are 2 screws on top.My guess is that the plunger got jammed because of corrosion/expansion cause it should have slide out easily.In the meanwhile I've sprayed in some 4WT oil hoping to loosen things up a bit.

Comment

On the master Cyl It may take some doing, but their is a C clip inside that needs to be removed

Comment

Don't know about your model, but my piston/cup assembly ('79 GS1000E) is held in with a "C" clip or snap ring some call it. Don't know how else the assembly could be held in. It takes some long nosed snap ring pliers to fit into the holes on each end of the clip and squeeze to remove.
              If it's stuck, take a wood dowel or something soft and knock it out the way it goes in.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Ha! You must have beat me by 2 seconds Lynn. I type too slow.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks guys but I've already removed the 'c' clip and the gizmo's still jammed inside.

Comment

apply a few psi air to the outlet. careful now!

Comment

Finally got it out! Alleluia!!!
                      You'll are simply awesome.
                      Thanks,guys for your imput.

Comment

Working...
                      X