Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 gs 550 muffler replacement options ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 gs 550 muffler replacement options ?

my new bike well new to me has rusted mufflers everything else seems good i am looking to find a replacement solution and am on a very tight budget does anyone know of a aftermarket muffler i can put on or where i can find a good used oem one ?
    thanks for the help ant this is a great site good people i am learning alot just reading the old posts

i've heard you can get stock harley mufflers for free... i'm gonna try it tomorrow, because I want some for my bike 8)

Comment

Originally posted by spots25
      i've heard you can get stock harley mufflers for free... i'm gonna try it tomorrow, because I want some for my bike 8)
      Another member did that said it worked fine, You will need to have some welding done

Comment

thanks

let me know how it turns out take some pics

Comment

i didn't have time today, but i'm definately going tomorrow on my lunch break to see if they'll give me some. I mean, most Harleys go out the door with aftermarket mufflers, so they've got to be up to their ears in stock equipment 8)

Comment

damn, the harley shop near my house makes the customer take the stock pipes, so they didn't have any to give me

Comment

Working...
            X