No announcement yet.

New to GS Bikes.. need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... I see the differences between the two, and it's for sure an L model, which I'm totally cool with, but I ordered the wrong Parts from Dennis Kirk that will be arriving tomorrow.. Damnit. I ordered a Speedo Cable and some handlebars, because the cable broke, and I bent the bars saving it from tipping over, and I got the E style bars, and after looking at those bars, I don't think it's gonna be too comfortable, nor is it gonna look right. Then again, who knows? It might be just the thing for a big guy like me. (6' 5", 235Lbs.)

I appreciate the comliments on it, but I've got a long way to go to get it really nice. Need to polish the crankcase, get emblems that are missing, etc. The previous owners had the bike painted that purple, but somehow lost the emblems for it. All part of the reason it only cost me $500. Also, I just grabbed the large image off my website, as I had it up there for a while as the POTD.

Comment

Originally posted by IGlenn
      Well... I see the differences between the two, and it's for sure an L model, which I'm totally cool with, but I ordered the wrong Parts from Dennis Kirk that will be arriving tomorrow.. Damnit. I ordered a Speedo Cable and some handlebars, because the cable broke, and I bent the bars saving it from tipping over, and I got the E style bars, and after looking at those bars, I don't think it's gonna be too comfortable, nor is it gonna look right. Then again, who knows? It might be just the thing for a big guy like me. (6' 5", 235Lbs.)

I appreciate the comliments on it, but I've got a long way to go to get it really nice. Need to polish the crankcase, get emblems that are missing, etc. The previous owners had the bike painted that purple, but somehow lost the emblems for it. All part of the reason it only cost me $500. Also, I just grabbed the large image off my website, as I had it up there for a while as the POTD.
      You can exchange your parts for the correct ones, this what DK has on ther website,

"You may return any unused item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a full refund. Authorization is not needed, however, a call to our Customer Service (1-800-328-9280) or Technical Service (320-358-4793) may help you avoid an unnecessary return.

Use the original carton and pack the merchandise securely. Enclose the invoice with a brief explanation for the return/exchange. Ship the package prepaid via UPS or insured Parcel Post. We do not accept return merchandise shipped COD.

A $7.50 restocking fee applies only after 90 days. For items with a manufactured warranty, please follow the instructions specified by the manufacturer. "

Comment

Thanks Wrench. I was just looking at the DK website, and I think the Handlebars might be OK, but I know the Speedo Cable is a different part no. so It will have to go back, which really does suck, but I have a gas gauge, so it's not too bad. I may even be able to find a choke cable now, which is kind of important.

Comment

Working...
        X