What will I get into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will I get into?

I will be powdercoating some parts next month on my gs850gl (clutch cover, shifter pedal, brake pedal and the oil tank).

two questions:

1) does the rubber come off the shifter pedal? If so how do you get it off?
    2) in taking the oil tank off, is there any unexpected parts (other than a gasket) will I need to replace or will come flying out at me? 8O
    Never had it off and do not know what to expect.

thanks,

1) Yes...just pull it off.

2) If you mean the oil filter cover then yes it has a o-ring and
    is spring loaded....oil pan just has a gasket.

Comment

Does the end come off first? Does the rubber go back on or do I have to buy new?

No its not the oil filter cover. Its the tank cover for where you put your oil in. On the right side next to the ignition cover. Maybe using wrong terms, sorry.

Comment

The end is part of the shifter and can't be removed...the rubber
        should slide off the end with a little force and be re-usable. Might
        want to heat it up (heat gun) to make it more plyable.

The right engine case cover will hold no surprizes...just needs a
        new gasket once removed.

Comment

Keep also in mind that your clutch cover ( what you described as your oil tank) has 2 parts on it that will be destroyed if you powdercoat it. One, is the sight glass, it must be removed. Two, is the small gasket/seal that the clutch arm goes in, it is located on the top, by the oil fill cap. it must also be removed/replaced. I am in the process of getting my covers ready for powdercoating, and was told these items must be removed or they will melt when heated for the coating

Comment

Thanks for the fyi. Where are you getting the replacement parts, if I may ask? thanks

Comment

there are several places people on here use to buy parts like that, namely Ron Ayers motorsports, Bikebandit, even the local Stealership should have them. Bikebandit has a schematic you can use to find teh exact part you need.

Comment

I have checked bike bandit, and a couple others that the list suggests and my dealer non have the glass listed nore the other part you mentioned. If you should find the part numbers could you let me know what they are?

thanks

Comment

I will look when i get home tonight, I have most all of the part numbers for 1100 ( I am sure alot are interchangable?) written down.

Comment

thank you much!!

Comment

Here are the numbers for the glass and the seal. remember, this is for an 1100, but I think they are the same.

11971 - 45010 Lens, oil level

09285 - 10003 Clutch Cover Seal

Comment

Danasoft

Haha to the Danasoft sig. Had me going for a minute...

Comment

the danasoft sigs are cool... but they never seem to get the ISP and IP address correct.... :twisted: go go dynamic NAT...

Comment

what do you use to seal the glass in with? thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X