off scew handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off scew handlebars

does anyone know what to do with handlebars that are slight off center? While unloading my bike off the truck my board broke and I had to turn the handlebars to straighten the front tire so I could back it down what was left of the ramp,and notice that the bars are facing a little to the left as a result. Any answers to this problem???? Please help. It still drives ok. Should I leave it alone or what!!

Re: off scew handlebars

Originally posted by tconroy
    does anyone know what to do with handlebars that are slight off center? While unloading my bike off the truck my board broke and I had to turn the handlebars to straighten the front tire so I could back it down what was left of the ramp,and notice that the bars are facing a little to the left as a result. Any answers to this problem???? Please help. It still drives ok. Should I leave it alone or what!!
    If it doesn't bother you, leave it! I rode for years with slightly tweaked bars on my 750. I didn't really even notice it. You could try bending them back, but that may break the bars.
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

thanks for your input on the handlebars

If 12 is straight up there bent at about 11:30 It is hardly noticable and with my fairing only I no there tweeked. I might look into it more in the near future. Anybody else got a suggestion,Im open!!

Comment

wrong info!!!!!

sorry that should be 11:58 not 11:30

Comment

Anybody else got a suggestion,Im open!!
          If you are sure your front end is not twisted, then leave it alone. I would loosen everything up and do an alignment check, just to be sure. If everything is straight (besides your bars, that is), then leave it alone.

Mark

Comment

Bars are cheap.....maybe a good time to get something
            that looks and feels better for ya.

Comment

Working...
            X