lengthening forks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lengthening forks?

so I was wondering if there is a reversible way to lengthen our forks? these being some of the tallest bikes I've noticed, there probably aren't just some type that are longer and bolt right in, but I've also heard of things like "6 inch over forks" are those just longer or is there a way to add a piece to our existing forks?

just curious...?

Hi-Not sure if anyone makes over length tubes for your bike- your best bet would be a custom bike shop as they deal with this sort of thing on a regular basis. Remember that adding length changes the way your bike handles. I have never gone more than 4 over(three different Harley's) and have never gone this route with any Jap bike.Out of curiousity what makes you want to do this?

Comment

I have seen a kit listed on ebay that replaces your existing triple clamp and
      gives you a rake on the front end without modifying the frame. But, it isn't cheap. It is reversable in that all you would have to do is change out the front end back to the original.

Comment

purely aesthetics, I like the more chopper look, and sometimes when I come out and see my bike, it looks almost like it got in a collision (it didn't, but being that my mind likes the stretched out look...)

I do love the way the bike handles, and don't really plan to put tons of $$ into it for aesthetics, but just wondering out loud really, my alter ego knows less than I do about bikes!

I'll keep an eye out for an ebay find!

thanks!

Comment

Forks by Frank sells almost any length tube you could want. The only factor is fork diameter. If it is too small, they will only extend them what they consider safe.

You can find the address and telephone number in a google search, use:

"Forks by Frank"

Kenny

Comment

Working...
          X