Same question; different s*#%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same question; different s*#%

This is a question I see over and over again in the forum; There's gas in my oil!!!
    Just like the previous solutions I've read. I replaced both carb floats, and install an inline fuel cut off valve. The only thing I haven't change is the carb boots, but I'm not sure this might be the problem. See I sprayed some WD40 while the bike was running and there was no change in the RPM's, so I don't know if that was a good diagnose. But if I were to change the boots and the problem persist, where else should I look. ?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Bike : 1980 Suzuki GS 450E

Re: Same question; different s*#%

Your petcock is leaking and it is backfeeding through the vacuum tube, bypassing the float bowls and fuel inlet valve.

Earl

Originally posted by UnderDog
    This is a question I see over and over again in the forum; There's gas in my oil!!!
    Just like the previous solutions I've read. I replaced both carb floats, and install an inline fuel cut off valve. The only thing I haven't change is the carb boots, but I'm not sure this might be the problem. See I sprayed some WD40 while the bike was running and there was no change in the RPM's, so I don't know if that was a good diagnose. But if I were to change the boots and the problem persist, where else should I look. ?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Bike : 1980 Suzuki GS 450E
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Same question different s@#$

I think you must be onto something here, now that you mention it, I did notice some leakeage coming from the petcock.
      I'm going to disconect the bacumm line from the carb, and let it rest overnite into a bowl to see if theres any gas leaking. You think this will be a good idea.?
      Thank you for your help

Comment

Re: Same question different s@#$

It cant hurt anything to do that check. However, if your petcock were not leaking, there would be no excess fuel to get into anything. If the petcock doesnt leak, you can leave the floats, float bowls and fuel inlet vlaves on the bench overnight because no fuel is going to flow. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by UnderDog
        I think you must be onto something here, now that you mention it, I did notice some leakeage coming from the petcock.
        I'm going to disconect the bacumm line from the carb, and let it rest overnite into a bowl to see if theres any gas leaking. You think this will be a good idea.?
        Thank you for your help
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
        X