Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if (new clutch no oil in yet)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if (new clutch no oil in yet)?

I have installed new drive plates and driven plates and h/d springs in an 82 gs 750t. I have struggled with the cable part of things a bit if you have read previous days posts. But could this be the problem? I did not put the oil in yet as I wasn't sure if things were correct but I may be basing this on a misconception. I turned the electrics on and can shift through all the gears; however, when I pull in the clutch with the bike in a gear I cannot move the rear wheel it is still in gear. Could this be due to everything being new and there is no oil in it yet?? Or am I correct in thinking the clutch is still improperly adjusted?

That's nomal. Just get the freeplay adjusted and don't forget the oil either.

Go Lance Go 8)
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

In first gear that clutch bucket turns pretty fast when you move it around in the garage. If you shift it into 3rd it would be easier. That is normal and I had the same experience when I swapped my clutch out.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Did you soak the clutch plates in oil before installing them??
        Disconnect the cable from the clutch lever. Adjust the engine adjustment first then then the clutch lever. Their will be some drag on the wheel that is normal

Comment

Yep, soaked them in oil over night. I just thought with the motor off and the bike in first it would roll like nuetral if the clutch was pull in . My bike the wheel is locked in gear with the clutch in or out and I have run the gamut from connectors totally slack to totally tight and everywhere in between. Guess it is time to add oil and start it up( with the bike's front tire against the driveway wall just to be safe)

Comment

I had mine on the center stand and I slipped a bolt through the fron brake rotor to immobilize the bike when I lit mine off, just to be sure.
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
            X