Blown engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown engine

While my head is being tested I have gotten to thinking that another engine would be the easiest way to get back on the road..

Today I am off to look at a Bandit motor, but it comes without carbs or any ancilliarys, and it could be a 600cc...

I know of a guy who has a couple of GS750 and 850's more or less complete. How much power am I going to loose swapping out one of those????

CJ

750 you loose 30 hp, 850 is shaft drive

Comment

Cary,
      Get on Orient Express web site and order the "works"
      get the pistons, go about 20 over and the stainless steel valves.

I did my 1000S a few years ago this way.
      Was it worth the $$$, hell yea!!

Or look in the for sale section, nice 1100 for sale, with a spare motor
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Its all about the $$$$.... If I had any at all then a full rebuild would be on the cards, rods pistons and all..

Today I am in the shop carefully cutting new valve guides and regrinding the valves... to save some $$$...

The head has been skimmed and a I need to manufacture a couple of valves, but otherwise the head should be redone by the weekend..

I just hope the bottom end is fine, but I will find out soon enough. The bandit engine was a washout, though 1200 it had some accident damage (crankcases destroyed...)

CJ

Comment

Working...
        X