Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where's the needle jet?!

Clymer manual for the BS Carburetors:

"6. Slide needle jet out of the carburetor body. Note the O-ring on the needle jet."

Where the F*ck is it? This is, like, the only instruction that doesn't include a little picture with an arrow on it.

pictures to follow

Its the brass insert in the center of the carb, its usually what the main jet screws into, or if its two pieces its whats left in that shaft after that tube is removed.

Comment

Sorry to laugh at your frustration, been there myself.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

thanks! but, how the F do you get it out? the directions imply it just slides out... but that's BS

Comment

Originally posted by j2x
          thanks! but, how the F do you get it out? the directions imply it just slides out... but that's BS
          It will slide out. You have to unscrew the main jet off of the bottom, and remove the washer underneath that jet. Then you can tap it out from the bottom...............and that's no BS
          Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
          "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
          1982 GS1100E
          1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

thanks! i'll try that tonight and let you know how it goes. So much for The Big Book having all the answers...

Comment

Thats the F'n big book to you mister, thank you very much...
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

You sound like me about two weeks ago Holmes I find out that you get more manuals to get more pictures! Find a factory manual for your bike if you can? It is the way to go!

Comment

Working...
                X