gs 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1000

hey Guys, It has been a long time since I last posted. I had a 79 gs850, but have long ago sold it.

Anyway, I about to go look at a "new" bike a 79 gs 1000. The bike has very low KMs (22000) the bike apparantely runs well as the km's would suggest it has gotten very little use. What should I be concerned with becuase it has had very little use. The carbs have been cleaned I don't know if they had been syn'd or not. It has the stock air box with a 4into 1 header and can on it. Don't know if it has been rejetted or not. the guy only wants $850 for it so I guess I shouldn't complain or worry too much about it! They do "hang together" rather nicely don't they!

Thanks

Ps. I will get a manual for it but for now what is the procedure for adjusting the cam chain?

Ah yes, the 79-80 GS 1000, the bike that made Suzuki famous. Nice.

Hopefully it was stored inside for those years of sitting around.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

cam chain is automatic non adjustable
      Check here for a link 80 GS1000 manual

Comment

See if it smokes at high rpm.
        My 1000 needed valve guides......then while it was apart......

Listen to the clutch area, for the famous basket noise.
        Otherwise just the normal stuff, electrics, brake lines, bearings and clean the carbs.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
        X