starting oddness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting oddness

problem started the other day where the bike intermittently won't start...here's the situation...

every time i try to start the bike (83 gs450L) i get nothing, no turning over, not even a click. flicking the killswitch off and on a few times while waving a dead chicken over the bike and chanting seems to work (i'm pretty sure it'll work without the chicken, but why take chances...). i'm reasonably sure it's not the battery since the headlight is strong when it's off and all the guages and indicators are lit brightly. also when it *does* eventually start, it's a strong start.

being a bit wrench-shy i'm turning to the collected wisdom here...is it just something dopey like unclean contacts somewhere in the killswitch assembly? maybe some water seeped into the housing and made it act up during the recent days of monsoon-like rain here in jersey?

i look forward to any assistance any of you can provide, you guys really are the best
    -dave

That chant is copyrighted. Our lawyers will contact your lawyers in the morning.

The Colonel wants his chicken back.

Yeah, I'd go to Radio Shack or on line search Caig Laboratories and get some DeOxit. This is the best contact cleaner I have found. This stuff works. It's pricey. If you buy it at Radio Shack it comes in an itty bitty (tech term) spray can along with ProGold a contact preservative, another stellar prod. $15 the pair, bubble pack not available separately. Use and follow directions and this should fix 'er up.

That chicken is starting to smell. Hurry!

Comment

awesome, thanx, i'll give it a try as soon as the skies dry up a bit!

Comment

worked like a charm!
        thanx muchly

-d

Comment

Working...
        X