Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved handlebars... oh, this is weird!

Okay, kinda looking for a reality check here:

I've been riding my '80 GS550L for about a month and a half now and haven't really been able to use the mirrors. They would point at the ground just behind the bike no matter how far up I would move them.

Mentioned it on this *wonderful forum* (no, I'm not kissing up! ), and the suggestion was made to roll the handlebars up 'a little bit at a time'. Turns out I only needed to move them once, about a 1/2 - 3/4 inch. The mirrors look great now, and on my test drive seem fine.

Here's where I'm weirded out: It seems my bike is more responsive! Is it me, is it true, or am I just a nut-job? Okay, never mind the last one...

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or is it all just psychological?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

You're just a nut case. Where do we get all these strange people? How come I am the only normal person on this forum! I need to go take another tomato paste bath and ponder this...

Seriously, you may have a little more leverage on the handlebars now.

Hap

Comment

Sounds like you might have gotten back where there were originally intended to be. (Assuming someone had moved them previously)
      Good deal I'd say.

I'd consult an expert about the psychological concerns you have. But it does sound serious.
      Oh well, got to go, the mother ship is calling.

Comment

You are probably in a more comfortable riding position, thats why it feels better. Make sure to adjust the front brake and clutch lever position also. Your wrist should NOT be bent up, but straight, maybe very slight downward. You want to adjust them to where it is comfortable

Comment

Oooookkaaayyyy.... suddenly feeling a lot more normal than I was...

More leverage sounds good; the new handlebar position definately has me sitting up straighter (good posture is important); likewise the clutch/brake levers, they feel fine- in fact, I'd go so far as to say they feel better... wrists seem to be level with the ground...

Thanks all for the input/reality check! (Note to self: No more reality checks...)

MY problem

is obvious...

Comment

Working...
          X