X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Please - Changing from 2 into 2 to 2 into 1

Hi

Hope someone can help.

I'm running an '82 GS450L and am looking to replace the old original twin exhaust system to a new Motad 2 into 1 system.

Will I have to adjust the carbs, if so what will I need to do?

TIA

From what I've read on here, if that's all you're changing you shouldn't need to change anything.

You should also get a slight power increase, a bigger noise increase, a nice weight reduction and a huge appearance improvement.

Comment

I would contact Motad and ask them if the pipe needs to be jetted. Stay away from pods and you should be OK.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I am about to do the same on an '81 GS450S only using the MAC 2 into1 system. Everything I have heard thus far just says install the exhaust and go, is there anything I should look out for that may be telling me the carbs need jetting post application?

Comment

Cut the engine at highway speed and see if the plugs are white. bring the jets up a size and raise the needles a notch if they are white, if they are tan leave them alone.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, useful knowledge

I have also heard direct from Motad, they claim no rejetting required, but I like the 'look at the plugs' suggestion, I think I'll do that check just to make sure.

Cheers :P

Comment

Working...
            X