No announcement yet.

MY FORKS HIT MY TANK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure how this topic came back up but i started this post last november and have change my bike since than. but i still have the forks the hit my tank, im waiting to buy some straight dual disk forks on ebay or something.

Comment

My Forks Hit My Tank

I'll try this again & if it tells me i'm not logged in i'm gonna quit.I had the same problem w/1980 850G vs. L model.If you don't want to go the welding route,I found the next cheapest way is get triple trees off a G model or another large tank model & keep your leading axle forks.If you go with different forks you'll need the caliper holders from those forks as well.Otherwise the calipers will not be positioned on the disc correctly.You'll also find that you need the fender from that fork as well.Otherwise the tire will rub the back of fender because your wheel is now an inch farther back.It worked well on mine & I didn't notice any ill effects in handling or any hard steering & I tend to push it pretty hard when it comes to the twisties:-D.I don't recomend mixing fork tubes from a G model w/lowers from a L model or visa versa since the lengths are different & could be structuraly unsafe[-o<.You will find that the assembled length from top of fork to axle is the same between the G & L models. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
      X