Airbox Rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Rubbers

After posted a Parts Wanted ad, it dawned on me to ask...Are there different size rubbers available or have mine simply "shrunk"? They have the EXACT same outside diameter as the carbs. Poor eBay research? or right part, just old and shrunken?

I replaced mine last month, three of the old ones had shrunk quite a bit and were loose in the airbox. All of them were dried out and hard. I was able to order new ones through the local Suzuki dealership for about $15 each.

Dan.

Comment

I am not sure about size difference, I would imagine that they would be different. However, I just went through my carbs and my rubbers from the airbox to the carbs were hard as a rock. I used a hair dryer and heated them up and that softned them up very nicely for installing them back again. I really should get new ones but I have bigger fish to fry right now. I personally would try that before blowing $60+ at the dealer.

Comment

I got new rubbers and they went on nice. However, I need new clamps. You know the ones I'm talking about...Like a hose clamp, only thinner...small screw to tighten... Anynody got any to sell. Large Mikuni.

Comment

They harden as they age, but don't shrink that much.

Comment

I think I have a few. Let me take a look and see if they are any good. They are for BS34mm Carbs.
            Bill
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

depends on your carb size

Comment

Working...
              X