Fuel addative for carb maint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel addative for carb maint

Does anyone use a fuel Addative to help maintane your carbs?

What and Why?

Thanks

me and many other members swear by sea foam.

Comment

what is sea foam ?

liquid?

foam?

herd ofthe stuff but never seen it

Comment

Clean gasoline and the occcasional 1/4 cup of drygas.

Most fuel addatives are BS. MBTE can boost your octane a bit, but is not recommended, you are better off buying high octane gas.

If you have a fuel injected system, an occasional shot of injector cleaner couldn't hurt, at the recommended doses.

That's my take on it.

I stored my gas tank for 15 years, 3/4 full, with two pints of drygas in it, in a damp 100 year old garage. It's perfect, the inside is steel grey, no flakes, no sediment on the petcock screen. I did toss the gas that was in it into the lawnmower gas can, however. Waste not.

Comment

I've run my carbs for 26 years and 36,000+ miles without any additives or filters. Buying decent gas and not letting stale gas sit in the carburetors is all you need to do to prevent problems. Gasoline already has plenty of additives to keep fuel systems clean, and fresh gas or at least stabilized gas will keep the dreaded varnish and goop from forming in carbs.

Comment

sea foams a liquid. it can be put in the gas, crankcase, carbs. it cleans carbon and takes moisture out of the gas. i used it and noticed a huge difference.

Comment

Seafoam works great in my boat and bike. They also have a spray can called Seafoam Deep Creep available to spray in the carb throats. Good stuff. http://www.seafoamsales.com/

Comment

I just bought some sea foam today and put it in.I will post my results in a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                X