Signal Flasher Realy Fell Off--No Blinky Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signal Flasher Realy Fell Off--No Blinky Now

Have a problem with turn signals. during a rally yesterday, I had the misfurtune of having my flasher relay fall off in the middle of very slow moving traffic amongst many HD riders...Not good! Before I realised what happened, I had ran over it, didnt know what it was, and 4 miles down the road when my signals no longer worked I kinda figured it out...
    Now, I did a search and almost all of them I come up with says "just go to the local parts house and get you a flasher and the world will rotate once again" So I go and get a me a 3 prong (electronic) flasher (only had a 2 prong in the scrounge) Install it and--Nothing. put the 2 pronger in and lights blink. However, unlike alot of people on here, I like the cancelling device and want to keep it. I took the wires out of the plug and tried every different combination and wont blink. lastly I put in the 2 pronger and works. What am I missing here as to why the 3 prong wont work, and short of paying $$$$$ to the stealership for one, or settling for the 2 pronger and losing my cancelling, what to do?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2006, 05:43 PM. Reason: Title spelling

Some of the electronic ones will work, but I do not know the make/model numbers to advise.

I ran into the same problem you did when I first got my G. I tried on my own and asked a couple of bike shops, but they could not help me, as there was no cross-reference for the flashers.

In frustration, I bought one on E-bay.
    "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

I have been over the schematic and cannot figure why it wont work, it should, just doesnt.....

Comment

Well if everything on your wiring diagram says it should work, perhaps you have a defective unit. Take it back and have them replace it with another three prong and try it. Not a good answer, but mite be worth a try?

Tom

Comment

Not sure of your year and model but maybe this will work.

But you might be stuck with the one you bought because most parts outlets don't refund electric parts.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I did try another one, from the neighbors car..no go on it either.

The one on EBAY is a 2-prong flasher, I need a 3 pronger...

Comment

Working...
            X