Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement ignition w/key for GS1150es....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement ignition w/key for GS1150es....

So I'm buzzing dow Hwy. 880 going back home to San Jose after a business meeting and my keys decide to come out of the ignition and fly away (F@#K!) ,bike still with the ignition on and I did make it home, the ignition is pretty worn out and I'm thinking I should source a replacement rather than have another key made (didnt make copys of the keys I had made-genious!) , I've bought a couple for some of the Yamahas I had in the past , I called one shop here , Road Rider, and they say they can get one for the GS1100 . Would this be the one for my '85 GS1150es ? or am I SOL and have go to the dealer if I want a new one? thanks guys-

An 1100 ignition is a bolt in for the 85 1150E. I replaced mine with with one. The only difference is the switch is about 1/4" shorter, so the face height will be slightly lower.

Earl

Originally posted by asbjones View Post
    So I'm buzzing dow Hwy. 880 going back home to San Jose after a business meeting and my keys decide to come out of the ignition and fly away (F@#K!) ,bike still with the ignition on and I did make it home, the ignition is pretty worn out and I'm thinking I should source a replacement rather than have another key made (didnt make copys of the keys I had made-genious!) , I've bought a couple for some of the Yamahas I had in the past , I called one shop here , Road Rider, and they say they can get one for the GS1100 . Would this be the one for my '85 GS1150es ? or am I SOL and have go to the dealer if I want a new one? thanks guys-
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

that sounds great , you dont happen to remember if it was an ignition for an '85 1100 or just any early '80s GS1100 do you ? thanks very much for the info!

Comment

The ignition I used was made for an 83 1100.

Earl

Originally posted by asbjones View Post
        that sounds great , you dont happen to remember if it was an ignition for an '85 1100 or just any early '80s GS1100 do you ? thanks very much for the info!
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thank you !! I'm calling the shop now -

Comment

Working...
          X