Honda R/R modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda R/R modification

Okay, so I've got a black wire which will go to the running rear light, the green wire which will go to ground, and a red insulated wire which I'm assuming will go to the red, but I've also got three yellows which give no indication as to where they should be connected.

Is there any rhyme or reason, or can we just connect those to whichever of the white/red, white/blue and yellow?

Thanks,
    ~Mike

That's correct, just hook 'em up, which goes where doesn't matter. The multi colored stator wires from Suzuki are to fool you.* Everybody else uses all yellow.

* That's what it says in the stator papers, anyway. Which I have been going thru again, for the Nth time.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2006, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks, brother. Got her installed and she's charging perfectly now.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
        Thanks, brother. Got her installed and she's charging perfectly now.
        Good! Had me a real scare last night, thought I fried another stator and r/r. Still have a problem somewhere, might be the old fuse box and the new crop of fine wire tubular glass fuses. Pretty sure I'm going to scrap the old box and replace it with a fusebox that uses the newer blade type fuses. Only thing I can think of. But I'm really tired of replacing electrics in this old bike. Man, the stator and r/r are only 4,700 miles old! #-o

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
          Good! Had me a real scare last night, thought I fried another stator and r/r. Still have a problem somewhere, might be the old fuse box and the new crop of fine wire tubular glass fuses. Pretty sure I'm going to scrap the old box and replace it with a fusebox that uses the newer blade type fuses. Only thing I can think of. But I'm really tired of replacing electrics in this old bike. Man, the stator and r/r are only 4,700 miles old! #-o
          I've got the new style fuse box, and the thing still runs like sh!t.

Later this month will be the one-year anniversary that I've been messing with this.

Comment

Working...
          X