charge from r/r HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charge from r/r HELP

the charge from my reg/rec on idle is 13.7 but drops right down when i rev the bike, it has new reg/rec and stator. any ideas welcome. thanks JAWS.

The only other link in the charging 'chain' is the battery. How old is it? Is it full of water? How well charged is it? If the battery has been discharged and sat for a while before charging, much of its capacity has been lost. Charge it with a small (1 1/2 to 2 amp) charger overnight. Let it sit for an hour or so after disconnecting the charger, then test your charging output again. Let us know what you find.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

ill have to try that on mon as im away over the weekend, the bat is only couple of weeks old but its only 8 ampere not 14, dont know if that will make a difference or not, although i did test the charge comin out of the r/r without it being connected to the batt. i will let u know the outcome anyway. thanks JAWS.

Comment

If the r/r is not connected to the battery, it will have no reference for regulation. It MUST have a good connection to both sides of the battery to work properly and be measured correctly.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X