Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any VM-28mm KZ1000 carbs with two mixture screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliment. I just like to share my experience.
    I've learned from you guys too.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I have only recently joined the GSR.
      I have followed many of Keith's threads and advice. I believe that he is sincere and very knowledgable on the subject of carburettion.
      Chef 1366 has acknowledged Wiredgeorge's contributions also. I agree that there is a place for him too.
      In my opinion, it all boils down to this. To correctly jet any carburetted engine to its utmost potential, you must be prepared to change the jets, be they mains or air corrections, to suit the conditions of the day and place.
      To be pedantic, you need to adjust to the altitude and the air pressure of the moment. This is a lot of hassle, but if you want ultimate performance for any given setup it must be done. Ask any top racer. They are at the top because they know the difference between winning and being an also ran is the attention to the daily variables. If they dont know, their mechanic/tuner certainly does.
      Fuel injection is far easier to work with and most adjustments are made automaticly by computer control. But that's another story.
      There are so many variables to consider on our road bikes. Let's not get to carried away with having the perfect setup.
      Cheers
      Ian
      The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
      GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
      GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
      GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
      http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X