Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikuni Two-Barrel BS30 Carburetors

Mikuni Two-Barrel BS30 carburetors
    I have been looking for a book or articles on these carburetors that are installed on my 1984 GS550ES. These carbs are unique and sort of goofy from the rest the the GS carb family. There is not much info that I can find except for jet kits. In addition there is virtually no information on tuning these carbs in the Clymer manual. There are no idle adjustments referenced in the manual or that I can find on the carbs. I have been looking all over the internet for some info on these carbs and have found nothing. Any one know of a source of information on them? Thanks.

"There are three kinds of people in this world; Those who can count, and those who can't" :grin:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0&d=1159806791

Likeyou said, imfo is scarce. The idle adjustment is a finger knob under & between the 2 carbs. If you mean the air adjustment screws, there are 2 on front of each carb, one on each side of the choke cable.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

good luck.. if you get anymore info than what comes in a jet kit I'd like to see it... Hell I've even called Mikuni to ask them about these... they were OEM only and kind of a bastard child of thier line. They disavow all knowledge of ever making those carbs.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you are. I've got an 83 550e and I was having real trouble getting her it start. I ended up removing the plugs on the air screws and setting them to 2 turns out. I don't know if this is right but it seems to be running better and starting much easier.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X