No announcement yet.

Major differences when syncing carbs at various RPMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. And when one beer leads to many, you rashly decide to start rebuilding the engine.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
    GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
    GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
    GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

I gotta absolutely agree with that. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
      You guys are making too big a deal out of this carb synch stuff.
      I just ask the bike "where would you like me to synch you", and they always say "oh, right around 3,500 rpm's Keith". Can't argue with that.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

:-D Yes fellas these are motorcycle carbs . not the space shuttle guidence systems . :-D

If the engine idles well and does not stumble when accelerating , the sync is pretty good 8-[

Comment

Not exactly. LOL You get the synch off on one cylinder by 2cm and you will find both hands will be numb in less than five minutes at highway speed. In fact, your hands will be numb right up to your elbows. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by U.P.dragracer View Post
          :-D Yes fellas these are motorcycle carbs . not the space shuttle guidence systems . :-D

If the engine idles well and does not stumble when accelerating , the sync is pretty good

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

What numbness? Have another beer.
            The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
            GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
            GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
            GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
            http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Synched the carbs at 1750 rpm held with idle screw tonight. Haven't ridden it yet tho (it's late). Will ride and report.

I also want to sync at 1750 rpm held with throttle, 4-5k rpm with screw, and 4-5k rpm with throttle.

Comment

This thread is just too funny. Don't take my input the wrong way, but this whole "dog and pony show" about the need to synch at different RPM's IMO is a total waste of time on a STREET driven motorcycle. If Suzuki felt it was that critical, they would have outlined a totally different procedure in all their service manuals. You guys can certainly do whatever you feel comfortable with. For me, I synch per the factory manual, then forget about it, and just ride the thing........

Comment

I don't drink beer. Never liked it.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I got lost along the way. I've been reading carb threads again since I'll be coming back to mine again in the coming month or two... If you're checking the synch at 4000+ RPMS, won't the carb inhale the mercury? I thought I read that somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by J_C View Post
                      I got lost along the way. I've been reading carb threads again since I'll be coming back to mine again in the coming month or two... If you're checking the synch at 4000+ RPMS, won't the carb inhale the mercury? I thought I read that somewhere
                      That's what the sheet that came with my carb stick warned. "Don't blip the throttle and don't get it over X rpms or the motor will suck in the mercury." But in practice that doesn't happen unless one carb is drastically out of sync and its mercury column is already very close to the top.

I did almost gave the motor a big breath of mercury one time when I was messing with the carb stick trying to get bubbles out of the tubes. Tipped it too far and the mercury went into the flexible tubes but I managed to kill the motor before any was actually sucked in...

Comment

Beer's actually the only alcohol I like. And honestly sometimes I think N/A beer tastes better than the real stuff. Wine used in cooking can really add an awesome zest, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                          This thread is just too funny. Don't take my input the wrong way, but this whole "dog and pony show" about the need to synch at different RPM's IMO is a total waste of time on a STREET driven motorcycle. If Suzuki felt it was that critical, they would have outlined a totally different procedure in all their service manuals. You guys can certainly do whatever you feel comfortable with. For me, I synch per the factory manual, then forget about it, and just ride the thing........
                          You might not be saying that if your bike vibrated like a paint shaking machine when not synched precisely how it likes to be synced! ;-) :-D Seems like some bikes are just more prone to vibration...

Comment

I drink beer, but I have noticed my hard liquor intake has increased since I started working on my bike......

Comment

My Morgan Carbtune doesnt have any mercury in it. :-)

E

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
                              That's what the sheet that came with my carb stick warned. "Don't blip the throttle and don't get it over X rpms or the motor will suck in the mercury." But in practice that doesn't happen unless one carb is drastically out of sync and its mercury column is already very close to the top.

I did almost gave the motor a big breath of mercury one time when I was messing with the carb stick trying to get bubbles out of the tubes. Tipped it too far and the mercury went into the flexible tubes but I managed to kill the motor before any was actually sucked in...

Comment

I like beer ok, but there is only one beer I like. Its either that or a Diet Pepsi. LOL

Earl

Comment

Working...
                                X