Gs 1200ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1200ss

Recently saw a photo of this overseas-only model(2001-2002). Can anyone please tell me why this bike is NOT being sold in the US? This is the best looking retro-80's superbike that I have seen in some time.(If only the Bandit had some personility).

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/GS1200SS/ What about the 1400cc model that looks like a Kawasaki ZRX on steroids??
    http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/gsx1400/ I think that model (GSX1400) is sold in Japan, Europe and to the Brits only. You're right, it is a good looker and would fit nicely in my garage! Damn shame we don't get the pick of the litter or should I say liter, here

Comment

I WANNA GSX 1400

Comment

Yes yes, I'll take a GSX1400 as well!
        GY

Comment

Re: Gs 1200ss

I think the GS1200SS is being sold in NZ.

Earl

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
          Recently saw a photo of this overseas-only model(2001-2002). Can anyone please tell me why this bike is NOT being sold in the US? This is the best looking retro-80's superbike that I have seen in some time.(If only the Bandit had some personility).
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

It's enough to make you cry.
            Let's not forget that it took a while to get the Bandit.
            Keep the faith Brothers!

Steve

Comment

NZ has the 1200ss and GSX1400. Australia has the GSX1400. I test rode one, very nice )

Comment

Yes, were very lucky here we have both, but the 14 would be my pick.

Anthony

Comment

Hmmm Saaz, I send you money to buy a GSX1400. You take it apart and mail it to me one piece at a time as educational materials. (I'm trying to learn how to assemble a GSX1400) :-) :-) Ahhhh, a plan. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by saaz
                  NZ has the 1200ss and GSX1400. Australia has the GSX1400. I test rode one, very nice )

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

We can get the1200ss in NZ , but only in black , looks mean and is a real bargain as well , a bit of a throw back to the late 80s styling wise but thats a good thing.

Dave

Comment

I heard they were talking about offering the GSX1400 here in the states. Has anyone else heard such a thing.
                      That is one awesome machine...

Comment

GSX1400 ummm bigger, better, must have bigger, but get rid of the hoaky white wheels. Chrome would be nice!

Comment

[quote="earlfor"]Hmmm Saaz, I send you money to buy a GSX1400. You take it apart and mail it to me one piece at a time as educational materials. (I'm trying to learn how to assemble a GSX1400) :-) :-) Ahhhh, a plan. :-)

Earl

They are about $US7000. You never know, when you assemble it you may have an old GS1000 instead )

Comment

Thats OK Saaz, I am rather fond of the GS1000. Besides, thats a good value for only $7000 confederate money. :-)

Earl

[quote="saaz"]
                            Originally posted by earlfor
                            Hmmm Saaz, I send you money to buy a GSX1400. You take it apart and mail it to me one piece at a time as educational materials. (I'm trying to learn how to assemble a GSX1400) :-) :-) Ahhhh, a plan. :-)

Earl

They are about $US7000. You never know, when you assemble it you may have an old GS1000 instead )

Comment

Confederate money..is that the one with 3 dollar bills?

The thing I like about the 1400 is the build quality, as they have not had to sacrifce solid built like the sports bikes. It has grat brakes, fully adjustable suspension, big tyres...the only bike I have seriously looked at for years during my marriage to the GS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X