Poll: Who Do You Like For Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
    No, they don't. I just checked their prices for several different parts, and they're still about 10% higher than Flat Out.
    http://flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_select.asp
    I've had good results working with FlatOutMotorcycles...

Not to mention, FlatOut keeps an eye on this forum and seems to be truely interested in helping out the "community"....They've posted up a couple of times that I saw...

Bob T.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Z1 Enterprises for many parts - bought a couple of Dyna igntions from them, and some maintenance parts - cables, pads, carb kits, tools and the like - usually same day shipping and good prices - will answer questions.

Cyclerecycle if Z1 doesnt have what Im looking for - can be slow shipping

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        In addition to the above, I often use http://BikeBandit.com when I need a few small items, or I need some grips or other accessories along with my Suzuki parts. They're also very handy when you need to mix in a few Kawasaki and Honda parts for a friend.

BB is a bit more expensive than others as far as parts prices, but shipping is a reasonable $4 to $6 for most smallish boxes and they consistently ship the fastest of anyone.
        I gotta disagree with Brian on this one. I usually have good things to say about bikebandit, but lately they have gotten very slow in getting parts to me. Also, their customer support team used to be top-notch. Now I find it takes days to get in touch with them. They have a live chat option, but its closed more often that open. They let me down twice this summer. I doubt if I will let them do it again.

Comment

thanks guys for the props on here. we do after market parts also but i dont know much for after market parts for the gs. if you guys want let me know what you want and i will see if i can get it.

thanks
          chris

Comment

Bike Bandit is Bike Broken

I have ordered from Bike Bandit twice lately and it takes a long time to get the parts and I'm in the same state as they are. ~Gene

Comment

I have always had good luck with www.BikeBandit.com and I have placed many orders with them. They were very good when there was a problem with one order as well. This has been recently as well as over the past 2 years.

I also like www.Z1Enterprises.com and www.Partsnmore.com was good on the one order I made.

I had never heard of http://flatoutmotorcycles.com I will have to check them out.

Comment

I still like www.bikebandit.com ! maybe not the fastest shipping, but great quality, great service, and reasonable pricing. Plus their site navigation is second to none! Just wasn't as happy with some of the others named here, but I guess thats what makes the world go round!

Comment

First I check my local dealer. If they have it I buy it. I'll always choose Suzuki parts if I can get them and I like the guys at the shop, particularly the parts guy, and I prefer to support local business even if they're a little more expensive, unless they're a total ripoff.

If all I can get is used, then I go to http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...play.php?f=111 cause it's THE best source for used GS parts.

If I can't find what I need there, then it's off to fleabay.

If no luck there, then I head 20 miles north to a salvage yard. They're usually a ripoff and don't care so I don't really like them.

Comment

bikebandit has gone downhill.

I am normally a huge Bikebandit cheerleader, but my most recent experience has left a real sour taste in my mouth.

I ordered some parts on 10/14 including some chrome progressive springs for the shocks. I received black springs. I should have just kept them.

Here is my ongoing ordeal, sorry for the length, but it helps convey my feelings.

10/30
                    Dave - Customer Care : Welcome to BikeBandit.com's live chat customer service. If your question is concerning a part, please include the YEAR / MAKE / MODEL of the machine it is for.
                    Dave - Customer Care : Hello XXXXX
                    Dave - Customer Care : how can i help you
                    Myemail: I ordered some chrome progressive springs and recieved black springs. i would like to return the black springs and get the chrome ones.
                    Dave - Customer Care : what is the order id and i will be glad to help you
                    Myemail: 1234567890
                    Dave - Customer Care : ok, if you can give me just a couple of moments so i can research our site to see if we have it listed incorrectly
                    Dave - Customer Care : what is the part number on the packaging of the springs you received?>
                    Myemail: TR-771367 which matched the part# on the invoice. I didn't actually open the box til this last weekend.
                    Myemail: I think it was just mislabled. The box itself had the right discription, alhtough in small print that I didn't see until I investigated.
                    Dave - Customer Care : ok, i will send you a return shipping label via email that you can print out and attach to your return.
                    Dave - Customer Care : then i will special order the springs for you and inspect them before they ship to you
                    Dave - Customer Care : to make sure they are chrome
                    Myemail: OK, thanks.
                    Dave - Customer Care : you're welcome
                    Dave - Customer Care : Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
                    Myemail: Nope, that will do it. Thanks.
                    Dave - Customer Care : you're welcome
                    Dave - Customer Care : have a great day
                    Dave - Customer Care : If you need anything else, just give us a "click".
                    info: Your Issue ID for this chat is XXXX

Received another set of black springs.

11/7
                    Dave - Customer Care : Welcome to BikeBandit.com's live chat customer service. If your question is concerning a part, please include the YEAR / MAKE / MODEL of the machine it is for.
                    Dave - Customer Care : Hello XXXXX
                    Dave - Customer Care : how can i help you
                    Myemail: I ordered some CHROME progressive brand springs on order #1234567890 and recieved black springs. I returned the black springs and chrome springs were supposedly shipped to me. I recieved the springs today and they are BLACK.
                    Dave - Customer Care : i am very sorry about that. i will send you another return shipping label so you can send those springs back to us.
                    Dave - Customer Care : i will personally call the supplier to find out what the heck is going on
                    Dave - Customer Care : unfortunaetly, they are closed now
                    Dave - Customer Care : i will have to call them tomorrow
                    Myemail: OK. The last time I chatted the person said they would personally inspect the package before it was shipped to insure that the springs would be chrome.
                    Dave - Customer Care : yes, i see that as well
                    Dave - Customer Care : i will credit you the ground shipping for the original order as well to help compensate for this inconvenience
                    Myemail: OK. I guess shoot me an email with the shipping label and I will return these. When you find out about the new springs email me about those as well.
                    Dave - Customer Care : i certainly will
                    Dave - Customer Care : i will email you within the next few minutes with the label and i will email you tomorrow morning with what i find out about the springs
                    Dave - Customer Care : again. i sincerely apologize for this mix up
                    Myemail: Not a big deal. Bike is down for winter anyway.
                    Dave - Customer Care : ok, i have entered the credit for the shipping onto your card
                    Dave - Customer Care : and i am now in the process of making your return label
                    Dave - Customer Care : ok, you should receive the label any second now
                    Dave - Customer Care : Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
                    Myemail: No, that is all.
                    Dave - Customer Care : ok, have a great night
                    Dave - Customer Care : i will email you tomorrow morning with what i find out
                    Dave - Customer Care : If you need anything else, just give us a "click".

I did receive the $6 for the shipping on that order and then nothing until I emailed them on 11/30 and brought it up to their attention that I had received neither springs nor money.

I originally ordered chrome progressive shock springs on order number 1234567890. The springs that I received where black painted springs. I chatted with a customer service rep on 10-30 to return the black springs and to get the chrome springs that I ordered. I received an email with a prepaid FedEx label to return the black springs to have chrome springs shipped to me. The person I chatted with said they would personally check the order to make sure it was correct before it shipped. The ID for this chat is XXXX. When I received the package the shock springs were black and not chrome. I chatted again with one of your customer reps on 11-7, explained the situation and got another FedEx label and shipped the springs back to Bike Bandit. Your representative said that he would contact me the next day with the status of receiving the parts that I ordered. I did not receive anything further until I received the below email on 11/17. I have not received a credit to my card at this time. I would prefer to have the chrome springs that I ordered, as getting my money back just means that I still have to get the springs from somewhere. I have been extremely happy with the service that I get from Bike Bandit and have made painless returns before. I hope this is just a slight mishap and can be resolved. I have attached the emails that I have received including the transcripts of the chats I had with the Bike Bandit customer reps.

12/1 I received this email.

Thanks for writing in. I apologize for the repeated problems you have had with the shocks you ordered. Your return was received on 11/17/06 and a credit was issued to your card. It should have shown within 7-10 business days, which should be by 12/4/06. If you do not see the credit by that time, please contact us and we will find out why it has not appeared. If you would like to place a new order for the part, we can waive the shipping fee for you. The correct part number for the part is 3216236-150570. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

I waited until 12/7 to give them plenty of time to get me my refund and emailed them:

As of 6pm Pacific time on 12/7 I still have not received my refund. I would really prefer to have the chrome springs that I originally ordered rather than a refund.Yes a refund would "resolve" this issue, but I will still have to acquire the springs that I need. Please look into this and if possible, send me the chrome springs part#3216236-150570 instead of a refund.

12/8 their response:

Thanks for writing in to BikeBandit.com. We can reorder the chrome springs for you. Since we have already issued you a credit we will need your authorization to bill your card for the reordered springs. Please reply to this email with your authorization. We look forward to your reply!

WTF!!! Are they even reading what I write?

For those keeping score at home, almost two months and I still have no springs,

I have made lots of orders from them and have never had this much problem returning something. I don’t know if they are under new management or what, but I doubt I will be ordering form them again.

Comment

Parts Vendors

I did a fair amount of research for pricing before I started my '78 GS750 restoration. For most parts FlatOutMotorcycles was tops. I have placed two orders with them and everything arrived in good order. It generally takes a couple of weeks so I assume that they batch orders from their distributor. The shipping charges seemed a bit pricy. I'll continue to use them until I have a problem.

rickt

Comment

I've had my best luck with my local dealer. The local dealer pricing is most of the time lower than some of the onlne stores. There's no charge for shipping either.

Comment

I use APE, Orient Express, Schnitz, and VanSant Ent. for the hotrod stuff.
                          Body and chassis is all Ebay, and Paul Gast gets my 2 stroke engine work.
                          I've had good luck with GS parts from Sport wheels in Minnesota, and Denver used motorcycle parts (The DUMP) in Colorado for the oddball stuffI've needed in the past

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                            I use APE, Orient Express, Schnitz, and VanSant Ent. for the hotrod stuff.
                            Body and chassis is all Ebay, and Paul Gast gets my 2 stroke engine work.
                            I've had good luck with GS parts from Sport wheels in Minnesota, and Denver used motorcycle parts (The DUMP) in Colorado for the oddball stuffI've needed in the past

Wow. Had to read thru this whole thread before someone mentioned us. We have been around longer than the GS Suzuki and under the same owners.

Jay / APE
                            Speed Merchant
                            http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

For OEM Suzuki parts I've been using Waynesville Cycle Center in Waynesville, NC for at least 10 years. I have never found OEM parts cheaper anywhere else! For the record, they also sell Honda and Yamaha OEM parts.

They tell me that anyone who calls 1-800-438-7921 will get wholesale prices. Usually, they have to order my stuff, but so what? You have to pay shipping, of course, but for me, the charges, to Virginia, have always been reasonable.

I always ask for a guy named Cameron Estes when I call and I always get decent service. They don't have microfiche for our old bikes on their website, http://www.waynesvillecycle.com, but they will look up parts for you anyway. I don't use the website. I always call 'em. I think its always better to try to establish a friendly relationship with the guy you're ordering from. It works for me!

If you order from them, tell 'em you saw their name on this website.

Tomcat24551--in Forest, VA

Comment

I have three local Suzuki dealers that I can choose from for price on OEM parts. But for aftermarket parts it's always been Dennis Kirk. They have been great on price and availability, and they ship quick and there is never been a hassle on returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X