• Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts CD from ZEDDER.com

anyone got one of these for Suzuki?

any good, might buy one if you give it the OK

cheers

"
    there is a guy in the states that sells CD's with parts cross references for bikes produced between when I was a kid and the year 2000, I bought the kawa one a few years ago when I got sick of dealer spares guys telling me that certain basic parts were NLA for a project I was working on and "you really need to buy a new ZXGSRWWXYZ sir". The disc database also lists all models that a particular part fits.

The site is http://www.zedder.com

I have no connection with the site or the guy who owns it apart from being damn happy to know that over 30% of the parts on a 99-03 ZR750 engine are a bolt on fit to my old girl.
    "

I've got it and I use it a lot. I generally first go to Alpha Sports and get the part number for something I'm looking for (or part numbers with all the supersedes) then I look them up with the cross reference software and see what other models use the same part(s). Then I adjust my search on eBay to include the other models. It really helps with the 850 since it shares a lot of frame/chassis parts with the 1000 and 1100s and a lot of engine stuff with the 750 models.

Comment

I've got one too. VERY cool! :-D I only wish there were some schematics with it too, but I guess you can't have everything!
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

For my GS650GL, I went to Alpha-Sports site and downloaded the entire microfische set, one at a time. Compiled the whole thing using microsoft word, converted the document to a PDF file and printed it. So now I have a hardcopy and e-copy to use. I find this and the Clymer manual invaluable when I have to work on my bike. I generally consult te microfische drawings before doing anything else as I can mull over the drawing on my laptop wherever I am, whenever I have a spare moment. Then, when I get to the bike in the evening, I'm pretty confident what I'm going to do.
        Cheers, Cletus

Comment

Working...
        X