late model r/r wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late model r/r wiring

I have a SH530-12. I believe it is off a late model 600 gsxr. It has three yellow wires - white w. red stripe - black and a brown.Can I use this on a 1980 GS 550? If possible how do I wire it up? Hoping somebody knows.

It will work! Not sure on wiring on GSXR The three yellow would of course go to the three stator wires

Comment

Originally posted by REDDY View Post
      I have a SH530-12. I believe it is off a late model 600 gsxr. It has three yellow wires - white w. red stripe - black and a brown.Can I use this on a 1980 GS 550? If possible how do I wire it up? Hoping somebody knows.
      Yes, you can use it. As mentioned, the three yellow wires connect to the stator wires. White/red stripe connects to the hot lead going to the battery. Black connects to ground, and may be connected directly to the negative battery terminal. Brown is the voltage sense wire, and should be connected to a circuit which is hot only when the ignition is turned on. The taillight circuit is commonly used for the brown wire connection.

Comment

That's what I thought but since most of my troubles lately have been the result of my thinking, I wanted some expert advice. I do greatly appreciate the help. I hope this thing will take the load, it is much smaller than the original.:-D Thank yeh, thank yeh, thank yeh.\\/

Comment

Considering late model bikes have a lot more electrical equipment (high tech electronic ignition, more sensors, etc.) it should carry the load with no problems.

Comment

Working...
          X