My GS450 Schematic Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS450 Schematic Drawing

I couldn't stand the one that i got from a website a while back, so i made this one using circuit shop. It works ok, but is difficult to make automotive schematics. I don't know if i got the LED's right on the schematic, but i figured that a person would get the point, plus it was intended for my purposes, but i do like feed back!

Here it is

another reason why i made this is because i wanted to convert the ignitor unit with one from a honda prelude (yes i know it's a car) and get a coil that has 2 outputs on it, so that it fires each spark plug twice (a redundancy i know, but i've seen it on some performance toyotas) i have a few other ideas on this same subject but don't feel like typing them all out. I want to research a little bit and go that route...
    Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2006, 12:09 PM. Reason: trying to get a small thumbnail

450 schematic

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL !!! I wish You had a 550. I'm having a biatch of a time with CLYMERS schematic for a 550. Can you color the wires with that sys? That would be the iceing on the cake.

Comment

yes i have the ability. I wanted to write it all down from the bike cause i can hardly read the wires on the page. I believe i have the bad version of the 550 on my computer, i was planning on doing that one next cause i have a 550 motor here at the house, but i don't know if i want to put it in...

do you happen to know if i switch to the 550 if i'll gain anything? i'm not worried about power, i'm worried about comfort and reliability.

anywho... oh about the 550 and the 450 it is very similar between the two, and my schematic there is not the same as the actual cause i cut out the light switch that can turn off completly the lights. Plus i dont have the ignition switch correct either, i should have the box instead of a spst switch. i'll probably start on the 550 tonight when i get back home tonight.

Comment

Very nice looking schematic! Colored wires would be a bonus if they aren't too distracting or they don't clash much.

BTW if you go to a 550, you get to deal with 4 carbs instead of 2... Not enough a change for the added aggrivation of 2 more cyl in my opinion:-D

Comment

i keep on remembering things that i did as time goes on. The wires that are connected to the ignitor are NOT in the right order. I was going to go threw them and figure that out and put it in correctly, or just number them, i tried really hard to not have any of my wires cross in that diagram. Crap their was something else, but i don't remember as of right now... OH YAH there is no fuse box on a 450 like i have shown...a thing that i want to add, but the wires do run that way just without the fuses. hopefully i can get all the kinks worked out when i actually wire up my bike. There is a fella at work who has a harley that was fuel injected, i'm considering making this one EFI just because i can. but we'll see.

Comment

A FI GS450? That'd be interesting

I didn't even compare the shemematic to the drawing in the Haynes. It was purty even if it was a lil off....

Comment

Working...
            X