Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part question / petcock fitment

Would this petcock

Be a suitable replacement on a 1981 GS1100E? I'd rather not pay $50 to find out if I don't have to.

Cross reference here, http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/default.aspx .

Or here, http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm .

Comment

Don't even waste your time guessing. I just received a brand spanking new one in the original NOS Suzuki box from Flat Out for about 40 bucks. Don't make the same mistake I did and order the o-ring gasket. It already comes with one.

Comment

I bought that same one. I've been running it for about two years and it works great. It's a K&L brand. Georgefix is a really great seller also.
        It also came with the o-ring.You have an 80 slot (no lever) petcock on your 81?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I have a new o-ring, however the fuel cock I have now isn't flowing fuel on prime, and that is after a rebuild kit. I'm not sure which I need?

Comment

If yours is anything like my stocker there is a flat rod with about 1/2 loop of spring built into its base. That rod pushes on the diaphram when the petcock is on prime allowing fuel to flow. You probably need to lengthen that piece to get fuel to flow on prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              If yours is anything like my stocker there is a flat rod with about 1/2 loop of spring built into its base. That rod pushes on the diaphram when the petcock is on prime allowing fuel to flow. You probably need to lengthen that piece to get fuel to flow on prime.

Ah, okay. So any tips on doing that?

Comment

Do you have a lever that you twist to go from reserve, run and prime? Or do you have a small slot for a screwdriver to go from run to prime? If you have the slot you still need vacuum to activate prime, but you don't need constant vacuum like run.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

There is a lever, no slot.

Comment

This is the one you need.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      Ah, okay. So any tips on doing that?
                      You have to disassemble the petcock to get to the piece. It's just outboard of the diaphram. Simply pull straight out on it and the spring portion of the part will allow it to become longer.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X